Friday, July 13, 2007

None down. 3 more to go.

Alrighty, so it was what, a week since my last entry? Bleh.

I don't think I'm going to be blogging everyday, until I have secure internet wireless connection in my hostel. I have yet to buy the M1 wireless modem to use in my dorm room. God, I really think I need to be reminded to purchase it. *writes note on hand*

I'm supposed to be doing my assignments, by the way. Heh. But I've decided to go online - for a while - to keep in touch with my old schoolmates. Damn, I miss them so much.

My first semester's ending soon. And so far, the subjects have been, well, okay. I love all of them, but favourites are favourites, right?

Usul Fiqh - Not one of my favourites, but it's really great to know how the Islamic law was being extracted from the Quran and Hadith. I do enjoy studying it; the only reason why it's not in my list of favourites is because of the lecturer! LOL. I mean, don't get me wrong; Ustaz Fathi Khalifa is a good teacher. But he's a pure arabian, and we spend most of the time trying to understand what he's saying! Meh.

Arabic - Ah, definitely one of my favourite subjects. Inspirational. :) Plus, Dr. Jamaluddin is just the best aracic teacher ever! We totally understand him, although he's also from Cairo. Heh. It's fun studying from him. :)

English - English has always been a favourite. You know that. :P

Malay - Okay seriously, not cool. Boo. Enough said.

Islamic Studies - I love this subject, because Ustaz Selamat is the most funniest teacher I've ever met. He makes the class alive. Love it.

History of Malaysia - Okay no offence, Malaysians. But I'd rather major in the history of Singapore. :/ And I loathe studying the history of Singapore. Go figure.

Al-Quran - For this semester, we would have to memorize the first juzuk - one maqra' every week. So just for my first year (2007/2008), I'd have to finish memorizing the first and second juzuks. Three years here means six juzuks. It's heavy, I know. But the school is just trying to get us prepared for Al-Azhar. Since I would only be studying for my final year there in Al-Azhar, and final year students over there have to memorize juzuks seven and eight, I really think that the system in Marsah helps.

Hmm...those are the subjects for this semester. Fiqh Sunnah, Panel Code, Civil Law, etc will be included in the next semester. I think next semester will be heavier. Eek!

Anyway.

Friends, I've added most of your links to the right of this blog. Add me too, aight? ;P

Salams.

No comments: